Refugee Educational Assistance Fund
This fund was established to provide financial assistance to refugee students enrolled in an associate’s degree program at HACC.
1. Students must be considered a refugee.
2. Students must be seeking an associate’s degree.
3. Students must be taking courses for credit.
4. Preference will be given to students demonstrating unmet financial need as evidenced by completion of the FAFSA.
5. Preference will be given to students taking English as a Second Language (ESL) classes.
A refugee is defined as “An alien outside of the United States who is unable or unwilling to return to his or her country of nationality because of persecution or a well-founded fear of persecution.”